Apr 9, 2009

Martha is my hero!

Sorry for being a delinquent blogger, but life has kept me busy in a very good way these last several weeks.
Our NYC trip was quite a day. Woke up at 4:45 to get dressed and pump milk, only to realize I left the major parts to the pump at home (I was then at my mom's.) Any nursing mom can sympathize with how fear stricken I was.  The situation was solved once we got to NYC and found a Target, thank the Lord.  We did get to the plane in time, but then realized I left my camera in the car. Thankfully, that was all that went wrong that day.
We got in line nice and early for the Martha show, which ensured us front row seats. We like to think they placed us in the front because we're so gorgeous, but I don't think we ever made it on camera :)  The set was gorgeous and quite surreal inside an otherwise stark and cold warehouse. The show was about family recipes, in which 5 of her staffers came to prepare old family favorites like whole wheat waffles and chicken enchilada casserole. I may make 1 or 2 of the recipes, but I'll definitely pass on the fish stew. 
I was so impressed by the amount of work and precision that goes into putting on a live show.  The camera crew, set decorators and kitchen prep staff moved around as though they were in a ballet. I thought Martha was just beautiful in person.  Her composure and authority are something I would love to emulate in my profession.
It was a long day.  We didn't get back home until 2 am, but nothing a little Starbucks couldn't fix.  I loved my birthday gift and I will never forget it.  Thank you Brian!!




See all of Bri's iPhone pics here.

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Wow! What a great way to celebrate your birthday. "Seeing Martha Stewart"...check on your bucket list!

Unknown said...

It was a perfect day for my best friend.

The important thing to remember is Martha wants people to look good on camera, but saves the incredibly good-looking people for her to look at face-to-face.

Kim Davis said...

Post a reminder on your blog before the air date so we can all catch it and see if you make it on camera.