Apr 27, 2006

The Verdict is in...

I was so excited to see my very first issue of Blueprint come in the mail yesterday. Isn't it pretty?



I rarely get to reading my magazines right away. I suppose this is because I have about 200 medical magazines lying around that stare at me and say "You should be making yourself smart by reading me, not learning about the 100 types of ferns in Martha Stewart Living." But Brian and I wrestled over this magazine...I won, and I spent the remainder of the night on the couch reading it and munching on Red Vines and Coke Zero = crazy delicious.

My review follows:
Design: So classy. It appears there will be several recurring sections, covering topics like the medicine cabinet, the pantry, makeup drawer, living room, and shoe rack. There are a lot of beautiful pics. I especially love the front cover since Brian and I are house shopping and I swear we're just as cute as that couple.
Content: It is a blend of several well known magazines. The makeup tips take me back to highschool when Teen magazine was my bible for style, the smattering of easy/inexpensive tips is laid out just like Real Simple, and the craft projects scream Martha. It seems like the best of all worlds. It also has some fun little conversation starters. Such as, did you know you can figure out what words your phone number can spell by going to phonespell.com? An herbal remedy for allergies? Stinging nettle. Who knew?
Downside: If I have to say a negative thing, I'd say I'm a bit disappointed in the cooking content. Maybe this will be better in future issues. Knowing Martha Stewart, I thought this mag would have at least one section of recipes. Instead, it gave healthy eating tips. However, I guess it's not meant to replace her other magazines, that way I have to subscribe to all of them. So, I'll continue to get Everyday Food and Martha Stewart Living. She's so tricky!

It gets my stamp of approval. Pick up a copy when you get a chance!

No comments: