Apr 30, 2006

Ode to the Bachelorette

We celebrated Kim's bachelorette-hood this weekend in Charlevoix, MI. Kim's over the bar scene, so it was a weekend all about kicking back, shopping, drinking wine, and talking about weddings, weddings, and more weddings. As you see, there were two "newlyweds" present, two girls getting married this year, and one newly engaged. It was great fun to compare stories and flip through bridal magazines. And I, of course, found time to knit.
Here is our chateau for the weekend, Meredith's family cabin. It was beautiful inside and out. I only wish it had been warm enough for a bonfire.



On Saturday we took a ferry across to Charlevoix. We went to the Michigan Festival at Castle Farms for wine tasting. I even found out there is a new tasting room in the Irish Hills called Cherry Creek - there you go Patty Ann. Drink up!




Of course, Kim received some sexy gifts. I asked her to model for the camera - no luck (for any guy readers that I may actually have on this blog).



Then we tried, unsuccessfully, to get the bride drunk. A key lime martini and pomegranate margarita later, she still came off as quite sober.












Way to go!










Sunday morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast with quiche all the way from the French Laundry in Fenton, MI. We took a walk down to Lake Charlevoix....never passed a single car along the way.



Lastly, I can't leave out the sock. He would feel so neglected if he didn't make the photo montage. This is my Dublin Bay sock with my yarn from Saugatuck. Good thing my sock doesn't get car sick.



Thanks for a wonderful weekend girls! I had great fun. Hope we can do it again next summer.

5 comments:

Kim Davis said...

OK--the ferry ride was a WILD experience--look closely at that photo. We had a great time and I can't wait until the next girls' weekend. Thanks again for putting the thong photo online--I will never pester you to go home and blog immediately again. I love you guys!

Kim Davis said...

Oh, I forgot to say that now my dad will be viewing that photo..

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie -- Love the blog! Makes me want to really learn how to knit. I had a great weekend. Thanks for everything!

Anonymous said...

Ang, how come you didn't post the images of the naked dudes? I told the boys there would be images of you girls with naked dudes and now they will be sorely disappointed.

Because they like dudes.

patty said...

Well it looks like you all had a good time. What a perfect place to be. We thought you were near Elk Rapids. Charlevoix is much lovelier.

Whitefish was wonderful and Jeff and his friends gave us quite a show being in the frigid waters for quite some time. They had a "dirty thirty" (another name for Busch Lite 30 pk) nearby and they laughed a lot!
Brian and the guys were so helpful I think Ron was in shock! We're ready to put in the "white trash" pontoon boat soon too. Maybe you girls would like a girls weekend up there sometime.