Mar 27, 2007

It was all worth it.

The fourth coat of polyurethane was put on yesterday morning, dry by 9 pm, and the floors are officially finished.





We're so happy we had them redone. The finish is smooth now and the poly-coat is free of debris. It looks great. The only imperfections now are not even worth mentioning. We're ready to have another house warming party!

Now our next project is to get the vegetable garden in order. We started shoveling out the gravel this weekend. We quickly realized a wheel barrow was a necessity and made a run to Meijer. Our backs are still screaming at us.



My cherry tomato seeds are already starting to bud. I can't wait to eat my own fresh veggies.

Who saw Dancing with the Stars last night?



Heather Mills - you shock me! What a great mambo. I seriously can't tell which leg is fake when she's dancing. I also thought Billy Ray Cyrus was amazingly improved. What a fun show.

No knitting today. Too busy with Junior League errands, doctor's visits, and moving furniture back upstairs. But I listen to knitting podcasts....lots and lots of them. Hopefully I'll knit soon.

3 comments:

Patty Ann said...

Heather Mills walkover was awesome too. She is an inspiration to many I'm sure. There is a lady who lane swims at the Y during our aqua aerobics, who lost a leg below the knee. She does triathlons!
I am sticking with Apollo Ono. All the way! I would like to see Leeza go. I'm not appreciating her hair extensions or the Barbara Eden look she's got going on.

Back to your house, WOW! You've got to be really proud of the transformation in one year.

Shari said...

Your floors are beautiful! Also your mom is so lucky to receive the lace shawl- She must be thrilled.
I just finished an angora bunny for Nolan. It is so soft!
Love your blog

patty said...

I'd say it was all worth it! They look gorgeous. Now what are you going to put down so they maintain their glossy shine?

I think Joey Fatone and Ian Ziering will do fairly well. I missed Apollo's dance. WE have to switch over to "24" now that Brian has us hooked!