Mar 30, 2007

Slacker

Dear blog reader,

I know you are waiting for a new post. Believe me, I am waiting for inspiration. To tell you the truth, I have thought of nothing but sleep for the last 5 days. Maybe it's the fact that I gave up pop for Lent and am suffering a chronic caffeine deprivation. Maybe it's the fact that depression/anxiety is an epidemic in Holland and every patient seems to come to me to unload. Maybe the left-over fumes from our polyurethane are slowly killing my brain cells. Maybe I'm grieving the skeins of yarn I have not been allowed to purchase. I'm just dog tired. I mean really, I haven't picked up my pointy sticks in a week!

I'll cross my fingers for a jolt of energy for next week. A Chicago bachelorette party is on my schedule for this weekend. Although that won't provide me with sleep, at least I'll have some blogging material.

Sincerely,
Your somewhat devoted blog poster

5 comments:

patty said...

It's a little late for the caffeine withdrawal effect isn't it? We're almost through Lent! I know, you went on vacation and getting back into the swing of every day life is pretty hard. But to not even be picking up your knitting needles - quick - call the doctor!

You should check on those fumes though. Is Brian having the same symptoms? Those chemicals can be nasty. I know, as I grew up with them. Grandpa was a die-hard refinisher! Of many things!

Maybe some fresh air this weekend will help. I've got lots of birthday ideas for the two of you!

Patty Ann said...

Sorry you hit a slump. Hopefully the spring weather will return for good. Don't be so hard on yourself, having your floors done (twice) was a major undertaking, with the stress and the furniture moving.
Hope Chicago is a lot of fun. I'm breaking in the shawl tonight at the Orchard Lake Country Club. la-de-da. I wonder if they serve Bells' beer----the first Oberon of the season is out!

Kim Davis said...

Amber, I was going to suggest the same thing!!! I haven't read the bachelorette post--was she drinking?

Angie said...

Oh you girls are trouble makers! I am not pregnant. Someday, but not now. Believe you and me, you'll all be the first to know.

Anyway, if I was pregnant, I think my patient's way stinky feet would've had me peuking over a toilet yesterday :)

patty said...

Ahh I'm so glad I used my better judgement (and also keep in Brian's good favor,) and didn't suggest on this blog what some others suggested Ang about the stick! I did forget about the Vegas trip, only thought how cute you'd be for chester's wedding!