Jan 24, 2010

I love my mop

Brian bought me a Shark Steam Mop for Christmas. I'm having so much fun with it. He says I'm just like Stanley Spadowski from UHF.


There are several reasons why I'm infatuated with this appliance. It uses no chemicals, leaving no soap residue. Pure unadulterated heat and steam penetrate the dirt and residue on my floor. I like to imagine it's like running my floor through an autoclave. And that makes me feel much better with Charlotte crawling all over it. It's as fast to mop now as sweep, maybe even faster with very little equipment to mess with. So now I can mop once a week instead of once a month. The floor dries immediately. No more tip-toeing over the wet floors for a 1/2 hour after the chore. I freakin' love it.

Minor downsides are that the mop will not pick up debris or hair, so you really do have to sweep ahead of time. Also, it doesn't rotate or fit under low shelving, so for a perfectly clean floor, once in a while I'll have to get down on my knees with a we rag. I re-iterate, these are minor downsides.

1 comment:

Julie and David said...

David and I bought the Shark a while back and we were not happy with it. It didn't keep a steady flow of steam and when you push to create steam it didn't create very much (it worked for me the first time, I think David broke it the second time ;) ) We were able to return it for a full refund and are now looking inot the H2O mop.