Jan 3, 2010

Stay-cation

I'm just finishing up the kind of vacation that every working mom dreams of, the kind where you stay home and complete everything on your to-do list and a few extras. We (finally) baby proofed the house. I'm already thoroughly annoyed by the locks on the cabinets. And don't get me started on the gate at the stairway. Maggie (the dog) can no longer move about the house freely, so she'll stand at the gate and whine if we forget to bring her up with us at night. But, my baby will no longer risk falling down the stairway "keester over teacup." We even went as far as bolting the bookshelf to the wall. Beyond that, we've weatherproofed doors, shredded old documents, hung portraits, touched up wall paint, set up a new work out area, frozen meals for Charlotte...the list goes on and on.
So here is to starting 2010 in an organized fashion. I can't think of a better way to get a good night's sleep than that.

No comments: