Aug 27, 2008

High on fiber

Michigan's Fiber Festival was held on August 16th. It's an annual commitment for me and I look forward to it every year. This year I bought no yarn, only roving. This is in anticipation of the spinning wheel I have yet to buy. (If I haven't bought it by Christmas, I have managed to get Brian to agree to help me with the balance.)

I found some beautiful pink roving with flecks of sparkle in it. I dream of knitting this into a cute baby shrug. The colorway is pink lemonade.

P1040364

I stalked The Fold's tent until they opened. I usually snatch up Socks that Rock like it's a petoskey stone hidden on the beach. This time I snatched the roving. Perhaps I'll make some sock yarn with this?

P1040365

Last is a pound of merino wool. It's oh so soft and brilliant deep blue and rose hues. I have no idea what I'll make with this. Any suggestions?

P1040363

No comments: