Dec 30, 2008

On the needles...

Due to all of the around-the-house time I've had...I also have a lot of new projects on the needles.

I started two projects I picked up at Stitches Midwest this fall. One is a feather and fan scarf pattern in Solo Silk. This is an easy knit because the pattern is quickly committed to memory. I have visions of knitting on this during "down" time at the hospital.



Next is a Butterfly Baby Sweater, made with Tess Designer Sock Yarns. I love the subtle changes in the green dye throughout the yarn. I was zooming along on this project, but got held up when at the butterfly border. I swear there is an error in the pattern and I'm waiting to hear back from the company before I move on and discover I have to rip it all back. It will be the perfect spring sweater for little C, that is, until she spits up on it.



I am also working on a secret baby project for Kim's baby shower in January. No pics of this one for now! And tonight I'll start my gauge swatch for my knit-a-long, the Central Park Hoodie.


**picture courtesy of Interweave Press

I'm knitting this project in winter 2009 along with my knitting circle of friends from Ravelry. Any online friends and family who knit are free to join in the KAL.

No comments: