Jan 23, 2007
Knit from Your Stash-a-thon
The rules are as follows:
1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.
2. We will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
2.a. Sock yarn does not count. What? You think we are made of stone?
2.b. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that we really do not have the yarn for, we may buy yarn for that gift.
2.c. If we are knitting something and run out of yarn, we may purchase enough to complete the project.
2.d. We each get one "Get Out of Jail Free" card -- we are each allowed to fall off the wagon one time.
3. We are allowed to receive gifts of yarn.
4. Trading stash is allowed.
5. Spinning fiber of any sort is exempt.
Is anyone willing to join me in this venture?! I'm going to need a firm slap to my hand along the way. This kind of reminds me of when I would pass my wallet over to my college roommate when shopping at the mall. She was great at only letting me buy what I came for.
I'm sure I'll bend the rules a little by figuring out many gifts to buy for :) At least I still have my sock yarn! (I'm in love with this STR colorway.)