Jul 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

We're enjoying a relaxing 4th. I hope you are too.

Our friends Carrie and Matt made a pit stop at our place last night on their way up to their family's lakehouse.



We enjoyed a lakeside grill with steak from a local butcher (so good!) and the basic corn on the cob/baked potato/salad (with greens from the garden!). We also enjoyed the fireworks - but quickly lost our buzz in the traffic jam on the way home.



Since it was quite dreary this morning, we had time to complete a few odds and ends around the house. I was especially proud of myself for finally making the curtain for the upstairs bathroom. A little privacy is always appreciated. Brian hung a new bamboo blind in the office.



We spent some time in the yard. Low and behold, while I was weeding the veggie garden, I found these....



They were just dangling under the leaves - so coy. I totally looked past them for the last week. Fortunately, the squirrels seem to be looking past them too. Maybe squirrels don't appreciate their vitamins and minerals. I can't wait to eat my first bunch. I bet I won't be saying that in a few weeks.

Lastly, a few pics Brian shot around the house. Just a little eye candy to enjoy the day with.



2 comments:

Patty Ann said...

Dad used my sewing machine yesterday too! His flag was all frayed on the ends, so he did that while I made potato salad and Meagan watched tigers.
After dinner we watched a male and female bluebird checking out the bluebird house. They're pickier than people on HGTV before they commit. We could add a deck I suppose.
We're off to watch Verlander pitch today, should be great.

Anonymous said...

Your green beans are beautiful! They do have a tendancy to hide. Linda