We had an excellent vacation in Vegas. I learned a lot, laughed a lot, and gambled even more. It's too much to really relay everything, but I thought I would compose my top 10 most memorable moments of the trip (in no particular order).
1. Watching the musical fountain outside the mirage.
This is no Grand Haven fountain. The water shoots as high as the Mirage and sounds like cannons firing.
2. Winning on the slots.
I multiplied my money by 3x and 5x, but that still totalled less than $30. It's just fun to win, even if it's a few bucks.
3. The Fremont Street experience.
The strip is pretty fantastic, but Fremont Street feels like Vegas ought to. This is the "downtown" area. It's very much a party atmosphere and you don't have to walk miles in between casinos. They also have a kick ass light show at night.
4. Circ de Soleil.
We waited in line for cheap(er) tickets to Zumanity. This is their show that features the art of love. The acrobatics were amazing and beautiful. It was a great way to celebrate our 3 year anniversary.
5. Relaxing pool side with a strawberry daiquiri, Meagan and Mom.
6. Watching my dad win big at 3 card poker.
This is a great game that Ben introduced us to. We all seemed to win a lot easier at 3 card poker than blackjack. Blackjack just seemed to suck our money like a Dyson on animal hair. I even doubled my money at a 3 card poker table!
7. Seeing Jay Leno up close and personal.
His head really is larger than life.
8. Exploring Red Rock canyon.
9. Leaning over the Hoover Dam.
But I could definitely do without one more "damn dam" joke.
10. The greatest part of it all - sharing it with my parents as they celebrated their 30th anniversary on Sunday.
Thanks for the fantastic trip Mom and Dad!