Feb 17, 2008

Going, going, gone.

The Junior League held their annual silent auction to support the endowment fund last Tuesday. Last year a donated a hand knit purse. This year I decided to make a teddy bear since the one I made for our house was such a hit. I combined the bear with a pair of pj's and a couple nice bedtime stories. (btw, the book "Guess How Much I Love You" is soooo adorable)



The bear was well received, but I was told that I shouldn't have shrink-wrapped the basket because the bear appeared "store-bought." Their was a very poor turn-out the night of the auction due to a bad snow storm, so there were more silent auction items than bidders. The basket ended up selling for $30, which was just a little more than I spent on the items. That's too bad as I thought it could've gone for at least $50. But, I got a chance to bid low on some great items for myself, so it all evens out.

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Angie you are so talented! Your basket looks adorable. It was so nice to see you, Brian, and Maggie...even if it was just for a short visit. Hope you have a great week!

Patty Ann said...

I'm sure the bidder will appreciate the basket, especially since so many store bought toys have been recalled for lead paint. I love silent auctions, I get carried away and need to remember to keep it secret because friends will outbid me for fun.

Amber said...

WOW! I cannot believe that basket only went for $30!!! That bear was worth at least that. Like you said, maybe they didn't realize it was handmade! Love it!