Feb 5, 2008

What to expect from an 8 month old puppy...



Maggie is officially 8 months old today. If most puppies are like her, I would say having an 8 month old puppy is a pleasant challenge. She is now consistently housebroken and now only has to pee about twice per evening. That's a definite change from the overactive bladder that demanded an outing every 45 minutes just a few months ago. She has become our constant shadow, always underfoot or trying to steal our seat on the couch. She follows me upstairs and down, but still refuses to go more than 1/2 way down to the basement. Perhaps she has a sixth sense. She rarely bites now other than mouthing during play and has lost all but one of her milkteeth. She loves to make new friends at the dog park (even if it's a snarling pitbull). She has stopped eating our carpet and my knitting, but has since moved on to eating her poop and our plants. I'll settle for latter, since my plants know how to regenerate and freshen her breath. She is warm and bright and the best puppy that Brian and I could ask for.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, its really hard to take a bad picture of maggs, the adorableness is incredibly powerful. but that's a pretty pathetic picture, like you just scolded her. there wasn't one that's just a little cuter?

Angie said...

I like that picture!! I took it this morning because we don't have any recent ones of her - I edited it a bit and I think it looks sort of like a painting. You're no art critic, Brian.

Anonymous said...

I love Maggie!! Happy 8 month birthday!! I showed Baylie her picture on the computer and I sensed her excitment to wanna play! Yeah she watched tv too...silly puppy :) Baylie is officially 10 weeks old today and wow, the 45 monute thing is definetly true :) She's just now to the point of randomly sleeping thru the night but for the most part makes it about 5 hours if she does need to wake up. In a way i can't wait for her to be housebroken and to quit biting and chewing everything, But I love her being a puppy too, we are definetly enjoying the challenges :)

Patty Ann said...

Maggie looks like she is thinking, you just don't know what it is that she is thinking. "Do I get a treat if I pose?"

Anonymous said...

Hppy 8th month b-day mags!! mamie and grandpa love you!!

I think it's actually quite a coyish pic of Mags...she should've been here with ava the diva last weekend.

Chris said...

Okay, I am late on reading your blog...just had to laugh when you have here that she is the best puppy you could ask for and then the next blog is how she rolled around in poop. Her look makes me think she just did something bad...the "I hope they don't find out" look. She is adorable though!