Mar 5, 2008

The Library

Did you know about this awesome place? Have you been there lately? I tell you what, today's library is about as good as it gets. I can search the "card catalog" from the comfort of my own home. I don't have to wander around the aisles. I just order them online and they pull them for me. In fact, they gather them from any of the libraries in the area, and then contact me by e-mail once they've rubber-banded them into a neat pile for me. All I do is walk ten steps from the door to the check-out desk! All of this, and it's free! If you're in the habit of reading and you like saving money, I have no idea why you wouldn't use the library.

My current book list:
Water for Elephants
101 Designer One-Skein Wonders
No More Mondays

5 comments:

Amber said...

I have definitely discovered the benefits of the library. I've discovered that in a weird way going to the library and getting books gives me a similar thrill to going to the store and buying stuff. Go figure!!!

Anonymous said...

True dat, Amber. I have felt that same thrill from the library experience. Linda

Patty Ann said...

Oh, No More Mondays! I heard the author's interview with Dave Ramsey on a podcast.
I think I'd like to read Pope Joan. I heard it's very good. Anyone else have a bookmobile?

3girlmommy said...

Hey Angie, I just finished Water for Elephants for my book club. GREAT BOOK. It was also available in a preloaded audio version (little book MP3 player) at my library. This is great for all of my traveling. Enjoy.

Emily said...

This is totally true (the library). I was really excited to discover the online search and place holds function. Plus, if you request something with a long wait list, you forget all about it and then get a pleasant surprise when it's finally your turn!