Apr 3, 2007

Tummy Surprise

What is my Tummy Surprise?

(I'll give you the answer tomorrow)

A) Belly button piercing
B) A baby
C) My new dance move

I'm the project manager for the Junior League event today. I have already hard boiled five dozen eggs for the girls to decorate. I hope everyone does there part and brings a couple dozen. We have decorating kits a-plenty.



I hope kids show up being that it's their spring break. Of course, these kids aren't exactly going on expensive vacations, so I think we'll have some girls there to spoil for Easter.

Random Easter facts I put together for a game:
*Easter occurs on the first Sunday after the first full moon of Spring.
*In Midieval Europe eggs were forbidden during Lent. They were either boiled or preserved, then enjoyed on Easter day.
*76% of Americans believe chocolate bunnies should be eaten ears first.
*It takes 6 minutes to create a marshmallow peep.



And for those looking for some fun - have you ever heard of Peep Jousting?

"The messy and largely self-entertaining game, "Peep Jousting" is played with a microwave. One takes two Peeps, and licks the right-hand side of each until sticky. A toothpick is thereby adhered to each Peep, pointing forward like a jousting lance. The Peeps are then set in a microwave, squared off against one another, and heated up. As they expand, the toothpick lances thrust toward each opponent, and the winner is the one that does not pop and deflate. "

Game on!

12 comments:

Patty Ann said...

Medieval.....(sp?)...not mid-evil....hahahaha.
Peep jousting sounds like a great party game. I wouldn't want to be the one cleaning up the sticky goo though.
I hope the girls show up for the party, it sounds like a blast.

Angie said...

Alright, I fixed my spelling error. Thanks mom.

Matt Stratton said...

"Midieval Europe"

Nope, still not quite right. Should be "Medieval".

Angie said...

Aw damn. I give up! This is why I couldn't win the fifth grade spelling bee.

Carrie said...

My guess is a baby. hmmmm....you're pretty tricky Angie Burch.

Carrie said...

Angie is NOT pregnant. Its a dance move. I just confirmed. And if she was pregnant, then she shouldn't have done those jello shots over the weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

To some, midi's are very evil.

Patty Ann said...

Carrie, read the "slacker" post comments. Angie swears she isn't pregnant. She has to fly to Las Vegas in early September and can't be in her 3rd trimester!!!!
I must say though the hints make me suspicious too.

patty said...

Since you guys just had another lesson, I'd guess it's having to do with a dance move. I've often wondered how those belly piercings worked with a pregnant belly?! Anyone know from experience?

No peeps around here just lots of chocolate as I HATE sticky! eewww!

Shari said...

I bet on the belly-button piercing. ( Although hope its a baby instead) Have never heard of the peeps jousting. Also there is a yarn afternoon at Fiber House in GH on the 22nd for earth day. Prizes fun ( Some info on spinning) and you can make a market bag)

Patty Ann said...

The ladies in my swim class who have grandchildren are going to try "peep jousting" and give me a full report on Monday.

Matt Stratton said...

Not sure if you read Wise Bread, but this story from today made me think of this post:

When Good Food Goes Bad Part V: Cooking with Peeps