Aug 13, 2006

Driver, Move that Bus!

My parents stopped by Holland this weekend after a week of fine Lake Michigan camping. Not exactly "roughing it" in this R.V., but fun no less.


We took to Saugatuck Saturday AM. What a fantastic town. Of course, parking is close to nil since everybody and their uncle goes there on weekends. There's a good reason for it's popularity - unique clothing, wine tasting rooms, delicious food, fudge, and yarn!




I treated myself to a special gift that I've wanted for an eternity - a ballwinder and swift. Poor Brian is sick of being a human swift, and I'm sick of my roley-poley yarn balls.


Even though we were stuffed, we still forced Captain Sundae on my family before they left town. Captain Sundae is a true treat. They have the most creative sundaes I've ever seen. My personal favorite is the Salty Dog. It's topped with pretzels, peanut butter cup, and hot fudge. Yum!


Well, as I'm writing this, Brian's working on spraying down a hornet's nest. I better stand by in case he needs me to bring in the paramedics! It sounds like our neighbor is helping him instead - I'll let them bond while they risk their lives.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Ben was doing the same thing tonight, trying to kill those pesky hornets. He has sprayed one area now with two cans but they just don't seem to die. We think that they are way up in the aluminum where we can't get to. There is a hummingbird feeder right under where he is spraying though, I told him that if he kills a hummngbird the neighbors won't like us too much. It looks like the family had fun - did Mom and Dad sleep in the motorhome?

patty said...

Dad was wondering what you guys were up to last weekend. We had a beautiful Saturday, (I had 2 bridal showers Sunday), taking in a "cruise" with Uncle Jim, Aunt Mary, Rachel with Steve Cohn, Ron and one of his old married lady friends. We used her son as a designated driver since the sheriff has been really cracking down on the lake this summer. We'll come over this fall for some wind tasting. Glad you had such a wonderful weekend with Patty Ann and Frank!!

Did you get my message about the job? I start the 28th. Marlene, my sink mate, called me a "brat" about three times, our manager felt it probably was for the best with my respiratory ailments, and the rest were supportive or sad. The woman Marlene has been "recruiting" literally under my nose is trying on the job this week. Needless to say I washed a S---Load of scopes today(:

The brothers are home this weekend - Jeff for whatever and David is in Adam Tinsman's wedding. Give us a call!