Aug 3, 2006

Peeved

Why can't grocery shopping be a pleasant experience? Lately I've taken to wearing my iPod in the grocery store. Then I can listen to Dave Ramsey, Brenda Dayne, or Ebert and Roeper fill my head with happiness. Tonight I forgot my iPod and, instead, spent time forming a list of the most annoying things I have to deal with at Meijer.

1) Senior citizens who treat grocery shopping like their outing for the month.
2) Parents who don't disclipine, or worse yet, parents who discipline by dragging their child by their arm while they flail and fight their way back to the Penny Pony.
3) Raisins are with produce. They are apparently not fresh fruit, so why they are there is beyond me. Of course, there are no employees around to tell me this until I've walked the snack and baking aisles three times.
4) Road hogs. They ought to put lanes down the aisles, particularly one for passing.
5) A cashier wearing large hoop earrings that say "sexy." Anyone who has to announce this, whether it be on their sweat pants or too small tank top, is obviously far from it.

ARGH!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of checks, paying by check should no longer be allowed at the grocery store.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and you should have to at at least a 105 IQ to use the self checkout lanes.

Anonymous said...

Ang- I'm so glad someone hates grocery shopping as much as I do. I will pay 2X as much to go to another grocery store and avoid Meijer or WalMart just because they get so cray. Does this mean I have to get rid of my "sexy" earrrings? Bummer! I agree with Carl on the self check out lanes.

Kim Davis said...

Yes, but what is worse is when you go to Meijer after 9 pm. People are SCARY...and you still have the old people and the kids are getting REALLY cranky at that hour. I hate grocery shopping, too. I find myself on my cell phone (handsfree) but that is SO rude. I'm going to be on someone's list.