Oct 8, 2006

An Apple a Day gives me a Bellyache.

(hope my pics show - Blogger is misbehaving)
Yesterday's weather was so perfect that we had to take the time to explore Crane Orchards in Fennville.



The trees were bursting with apples. We tasted Ida Reds, Empires and Jonagolds. The Honey Crisps were almost wiped out, but we managed to scout out a few. The Golden Delicious are some of my favorites.







We could've picked apples all day, but knew we only had use for a few dozen.



After all of that hard work, we had to stop by the restaurant/bakery for a quick treat. Brian had apple streusel and I had my fav - apple crisp with apple butter Palazzolo icecream. Delicious! They even had frozen pies to take home...and of course - cider and donuts.



That inspired me to go home and make three batches of apple crisp. I intend to take one over to my neighbor's, because I'm still trying to adopt her as my new friend.

Beyond apples, I have cast on a new sock with my Koigu yarn. I'm trying a pattern with spiraling yarn overs, but they seem to get lost in the yarn, so I'm not sure my extra work will get recognized.



We also saw "Last Kiss" with Zach Braff. Has anyone else seen this? It's a fantastic movie with a great soundtrack. It really drove some discussion between me and Brian because of it's negative view on marriage. Brian says the movies just reinforced his monogamy to me because he knew I would go after him with a knife much like Jenna in the movie. Good thing I have those sharp Miracle Blades. jk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... a wonderful shot of my butt. Ang, you really know how to capture my best side.

Just to clarify, while The Last Kiss calls attention to some very relevant and disturbing issues for young couples, the reinforcement of my committment to Ang is because I would never want to see her hurt in that way.

It is not because I fear for my life. Although with those Miracle Blades...

Angie said...

The scarf isn't quite done - 75%. I'm sure there will be a pic when it's done.

Chris said...

You mean to tell me you did not watch THE GAME on Saturday. Also Tigers whooping on the Yankees...looks like you had fun though. I wanted to see the new movie with Leonardo, and Ben wanted to go to a Spirit hockey game...too many things to do and too little time.