Oct 10, 2006

A couch potato's dream

I'm going to take advantage of the internet now since it only works about 50% of the time. It's a real mystery.

I found a new site that is leading to drool on my keyboard. Check out the Junk Food Blog. I just bought some dark chocolate M&M's for only 33 cents at Meijer. I can't wait to rip open the bag. Dark chocolate is good for us anyway due to the antioxidants in the cocoa. Looking at this site, I'm wondering where I can get my hands on more delicious chocolate treats. The mocha and caramel Kit Kats look great. I don't know so much about crackers in my icecream. Maybe if I were pregnant...

I also found a link to this. I know some people who would use this - and I'm so glad I'm not that way.

Amber sent me some pics of her recently finished projects.



She completed the basketweave washcloth from Knitty as well as a baby hat in a very soft Lion Brand yarn. I can't remember which yarn it is exactly - Amber, help us out. They turned out great. Now tell the cow to get off the couch and wash some dishes.

I have started a new pair of socks - no surprise there. I picked up my Koigu yarn and cast on some more toe-up socks. There are spiraling yarn-overs in my pattern, but they aren't as prominent as I'd hoped. It just makes a subtle diagonal look to the sock.

6 comments:

Shari said...

Loved the socks Angie, I am almost done with my pair I started awhile ago for Katie. Nice dishcloth & hat Amber. I have jointed a knitting online group that makes dishcloths (2 per month) They email about 8 lines a day for a few days and don't tell you what the pattern is so it is a surprize. Check it out groups.yahoo.com/group/monthlyDishcloths/

Angie said...

I think I heard about that knit-a-long on a podcast. It sounds fun.
I was just on the phone with Amber and she told me you went out to buy more yarn as a stress-reliever. That sounds like an excellent idea! Get anything good? I found my new favorite yarn shop in Holland - Friends of Wool. It's even within walking distance. Dangerous.

Anonymous said...

mmmmm....i do love junk food! Maybe that's why the weight I need to lose before the wedding isn't exactly melting off. Great blog...must never look at it again. :)

patty said...

Do you have patterns for dish clothes? I'd like to try some. A friend gave me some small balls of yarn to play with. They'd make great dish clothes!

Angie said...

I found a ton of patterns at this site

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/dishcloths.php

I made a lighthouse cloth from this list of patterns.

Anonymous said...

Wanted to tell everyone that the hat yarn is Lion Brand Micro Spun. It is kind of shiny which is fun. The dishcloth is sugar and cream.