Oct 22, 2006

Ouch.

Now I can't see my own ear drum of course - but if I could, I'm sure it would look something like this. After three weeks of stacked viral illnesses, my body is giving up. BUT - for all of those antibiotic lovers out there - I still have not taken any!! I do practice what I preach. Unless my ear stays red for >48 hours or the fluid becomes cloudy, I have no reason to break the guidelines.

But, having an earache won't stop me from knitting! I had two occasions to see old friends and co-workers in Kalamazoo this week. I finally got to gift the baby blanket to the appropriate owner.



Kristin is due on 12/22 and feeling like she may end up having a 10 pound baby. She already has two adorable daughters, this will be #3. As for three girls, her husband's already thinking about attempting #4. She's a PA part time too. I'm thinking I might have to make her some cozy knitted socks next to nurse her sore feet.

Yesterday I met this young fellow.



Logan is the 8 week old of Emily, a nurse I formerly worked with at KCMS. In my arms he felt more like a 3 month old - I need to build up some strength before I get a baby of my own.

As for knitting, I'm still working on my brown Koigu socks. I also started a new scarf from Knitty. It's fun to have side projects just for a change of pace.



Now back to the couch to watch Lord of the Rings and the Detroit Tigers. My parents are going to the game tonight, lucky.

2 comments:

Kim Davis said...

Your parents are going to FREEZE to death at the game. At least the Tigers are winning though--it's the top of the 5th. Gary said he mulled over the idea of buying tickets, but I said that me going to a World Series game would be a waste of money and that he should go with someone else. He said he would only want to go with me. Awww...we're sounding like newlyweds.

Would you be more mad if you shelled out all that money and the Tigers lost (like last night) or you froze your booty off (like tonight)? My answer is that I'd be more upset if it were 40 degrees.

Angie said...

Kim! Welcome back to blogland. I would be more upset if they lost because the atmosphere would be so negative. I'm thrilled they won last night, it gives them a little ego boost to get them through the series.