Oct 5, 2006

Wrap Me UP!



I love so many of the sweaters in the current issue of Knitty. I have a giant phobia of sweaters because I hate to spend all of the time and money to result in a too thick or too baggy mess. 2 out of 3 of my sweaters have been failures so far. I have to beg Brian to wear the one I made him, and he'll do so only in the confines of our house. The top I made my mother was definitely my success.

Anyway, I think Ivy and Serrano are both beautiful. The men's jacket, Avast, is nice, but stockinette can get so boring. I don't know that I'd ever make a knitted skirt - at least not for an adult. Stretched out yarn over the junk in your trunk is not so becoming.



Besides that - I need to say how thrilled I was that Vivica left Dancing with the Stars last night! Good riddance! She's a little too confident my for my likes. I especially loved how she was quoted just that evening saying she was sure she wouldn't get voted off as she has such a "loyal following." Sure. I hope that spike heel doesn't hurt too much when your foot inserts itself into your mouth. My favorites - Joey, Mario and Willa. I'd love to see Willa and Joey dance together.

Off to watch (and knit with) Grey's! Brian's in Chicago tonight with co-workers. Way to live up my bachelorette-hood, right?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too loved the Knitty stuff. I think the sweater you posted was my fav sweater. Make it! Why doesn't Brian wear his sweater? It looked great in the picture. I'm knitting the basketweave dishcloth from knitty. I'll send a pic when it's done. I finished my baby hat for my friend! Yay...something completed finally. Don't ask about the socks. I don't think I'm a sock person........we'll see. I think I just like the idea of knitting socks and wearing knit socks, not the actual knitting.

patty said...

I couldn't open the Knitty spot. I'll try another time. I guess I should invest in some more needles and just play with yarn and stitches. You all inspire me! REfresh our memories with a pic of Brian's sweater.

I too was happy that "the Diva" was voted off. She impressed the judges, but I really prefer Willa/Max and even Monique. I was surprised that Sara survived this round. She apparently has a stronger country fan base watching than expected. I still enjoy Emmet, but am rooting for Mario, Joey and Willa to be in the final rounds.

We're celebrating Pulaski Days with our own homecooked food. Chuck and I made some awesome cabbage rolls, some squash (not Polish fare, but good anyway), and also bringing apple pie. Best bring it to a gathering so Chuck and I don't eat it alone!

patty said...

I'm also going to start a new mantra....Jerry gone!...Jerry gone!...

Angie said...

Oops - I fixed the link to Knitty for you Patty. Check it out.