Oct 29, 2006

On the road..

This weekend was a lot of fun for me because I got to have some quality girl time AND meet a new knitting friend-Shauna. She's a "capital K" knitter because she has knit much more than scarves. I drove to Grand Blanc to try on bridesmaid's dresses for my friend, Meredith's, 6/07 wedding. She was so kind to let each of us chose the dress that flattered us the most. I think we're all going to look great with an assortment of strapless, tea length, and full length teal gowns. Kim and I fought over our favorite - but came to an agreement to just have one go long and one short length.

After that, we had coffee and then back to Meredith's for cocktails and her dad's signature Swiss steak.



The group of us were quite impressive. As I looked around me, I saw successful teachers, an engineer, a lawyer, and a budding recording artist - Chelsea Carter. Remember that name! Meredith-suggest to Chelsea that she put some of her songs on the Podsafe Music Network. Then I'll pass her name around to some podcasters who will plug her music on their shows.

Finished projects this week:

My last socks for Socktoberfest...I now have a new favorite sock yarn - Koigu.




Our KAL breast cancer awareness washcloth. Of course, this color is not what the designer intended. Oh well, it's just going to be used for dirty dishes anyhow.




Our very scary pumpkin. He now sits on our porch - about as festive as our house will be this year.



I also have some great Halloween costumes to share. The boys of Action-Squad have outdone themselves once again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you gals had a fun weekend! Glad to know that there is another Knitter in the wedding party. We'll have to peer pressure "the others" :). Love the socks, as usual. I need to get working on my birthday yarn socks...but must finish my dishcloth first (only 1 day left!). I love yours! That is cool yarn and it has pink in it, so I think you are definitely still in the breast cancer spirit. I listened to more of those knitting podcasts you sent me a while ago. Very fun and motivating!

Anonymous said...

Now I have to ask where you bought that Koigu sock yarn? I am on a mission! Also, I have been Ipod shopping for a couple of weeks now, but I want to hear those podcasts so I have extra motivation :)

Angie said...

Shauna, do you have any local yarn shops? They don't sell it in chain stores. I found it at a cute shop in Holland. Maybe they have a website where you can search for vendors.

Angie said...

Zorro has come to cut the lumps from the breasts. That was a crude joke.
Gotta love pooled yarn colors, yech.