Oct 26, 2006

Happy to be me

I received an excellent treat in the mail today... a little taste of Christmas.



You see, when I worked at KCMS, I grew used to a certain Christmas tradition. Not everyone was privey to this delight - this delicacy known as "Linda's caramels." Linda is not only a fabulous knitter, but a marvelous caramel artist. Caramels used to get stolen from co-workers desks. Receiving a caramel almost became a popularity contest. Leaving that job, I thought I may have also lost this privilege, but a little pleading and I get my own supply mailed to my door...bubble wrapped.



Thanks Linda!! I owe you.

Hope everyone is having fun with the dishcloth knitalong. I must say, mine is nice, but does not exactly par with the breast cancer theme since it is variegated with orange, pink, and yellow. Oh well.

For those of you who will be carving a pumpkin soon, Martha has a few ideas to share. I haven't quite figured out my plan, but I'll let you know when I do. As for a costume, we are not going to any parties this year. But I sure wish I could answer the door wearing this.



Maybe next year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME! I love the "hair". I can see you in it Angie. As for the caramels, I'm jealous. They look yummy! You may have to treat us all to some Linda. I was going to work on my dishcloth tonight while I watched the Grey's rerun, but I actually went out for a change! I guess I'll save the knitting for Regis and Kelly tomorrow :)

Angie said...

Well Linda, Amber lives in GA so she'll probably be deprived of caramels this year. Amber, they are even better than the ones you love from the shop in GH. Can you believe that?!

Anonymous said...

I'm not familiar with any GH caramels, but I think linda's are the bee's knee's. That's right the leg-joint of a honey-producing insect.

Seriously, I ate one last night and thought it was scrumdidellyumptious.

Anonymous said...

So fun to see you all tonight - loved your scarf and socks. Just had to write since I checked out your blog. One funny thing - I went to law school with Nick Ayoub - of your Nick Ayoub trio (pretty sure it is the same one!)

Angie said...

Shauna - thanks for the comment! That's funny that you know Nick. He was one of Brian's college house-mates. I'll have to mention that to him next time we see him.