Oct 19, 2006

Incompetence

I was so excited to return to my house after 13 hours away today to see our new garage door. Whoever thought I would be so excited for a garage door? But I really was! Keyless entry. My own electric opener. No snow on my car in the winter. Brian and I even closely examined garage doors in subdivisions to decide which we liked best.

We were unanimous - long panels, prairie windows. That is specifically what we ordered.

What did we get? We got short panels. Not even panels, a bunch of tiny squares. And tiny prairie windows.

I'm ticked.

5 comments:

Angie said...

prairie windows are just a rectangular decoration insert on the back of the windows. They go across the top of the garage door. Brian wanted windows to give some light in there.

karl said...

I liked Little House on the Prairie. What a nice family!

patty said...

You guys surely have had some bad luck with purchases to your home! I hope you get some satisfaction soon. Who did you go through for the door?

Angie said...

Quality Door did it. They were very apologetic when he called. They offered $100 off the order or they'll come out and replace it. We say replace it because $100 is nothing compared to the annoyed feeling I'll get everytime I look at that door.
Have to say, though, it's pretty awesome to pull in the driveway and click that opener. Ah, the simple things in life.

patty said...

You both work very hard so you deserve those seemingly simple pleasures in life.

Thanks for lending us Brian for a short evening. Sorry the Tig's didn't fare so well. Bri had to let the game go and head home to YOU!

Like your projects!