Nov 14, 2006

Bits and Pieces

Just a quiet Tuesday here in Holland. I chopped my hair today - a new do for the winter holidays. I adore my hairdresser. His boyfriend crochets, so he doesn't mind listening to me talk about knitting. He even complimented me on my scarf.

Great news!

For those who know Montelle from GR - she's pregnant!! I can't wait to start a hand knitted item for the baby.

I am working on one of the Mason Dixon hand towels for my grandmother.



It's coming along nicely. I really love the cotton. I think it will look much nicer once it's blocked.

Funny story - I just got off the phone with Amber. She dreamt last night that she was in a knitting concentration camp. She was getting scolded for not knitting fast enough and kept dropping stitches. What a nightmare!

Lastly - I have not yet designated my vote for the Dancing with the Stars finale.



Mario is the best, but Emmitt has come the farthest. Can't wait to see what dances they've come up with!

9 comments:

amy said...

as good as mario is, i just can't bring myself to vote for him. i was SO sad to see joey go. seriously. i loved joey.

Matt said...

It's great to see that knitting skills are still alive! My mother knitted cardigans, pullovers and socks for her five children... Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

So how did everyone do last night on the show? Who did you vote for Angie? I haven't been watching it, but have been keeping up with it on your blog. No knitting nightmares last night. :)

Anonymous said...

Linda- Um yeah, I remember I was knitting a magazine cover (Don't ask me I have no idea). I was knitting it in white (maybe because I just ordered some dyeable yarn from knit picks?) and couldn't even cast on, but then messed up every stitch! Maybe I am stressed about knitting...what is your analysis?

Shari said...

Amber I think the answer to your dreams is that you need to knit more.

Angie said...

I voted for Mario - the website asked who was my favorite, and he truly is.

patty said...

Let's hear it for Emmitt! I loved how Mario performed his dances, but let's face it, Emmitt really was the everyman for the everday man out there. He made a non dancer want to get up and just do it!

How short is your hair Ang? Can't wait to see it too!

Montelle!!! THE Montelle wife of Kyle? That is fabulous news to hear she's pregnant! OK Bri and Ang, let's get going now! (just kidding - you're on your own timetable).

Is everyone planning their Thanksgiving meals?

Kim Davis said...

I must say, when I saw the stork jpg, my first thought is, "She'd better not be pregnant and announcing it on her blog!" We expect phone calls for major life events!!

Angie, you'll be pleased to know that I am sick this weekend and do not plan on calling you for advice. I am letting this one run its own course--no antibiotics! I am making myself homemade chicken noodle soup. Gary is out of town until Thanksgiving, so I can spend a quiet day sleeping off my cold!

I hope everyone is having a better weekend!

Anonymous said...

That's right, my wife is with child! I adjusting to the concept, and Montelle is doing fine thus far, minus the nausea.

Huzzah!