Nov 5, 2006

Weekend Projects

Brian and I had a very productive weekend. I love production!!

I spent a fair portion of the weekend at the Junior League of Grand Rapids annual fundraiser, Beneath the Wreath. This is an upscale fundraiser that hit me right where it counts, my wallet. My co-workers and I went to the ladies' Evening of Indulgence on Friday. We all fell in love with some great stone necklaces. We thoroughly enjoyed complimentary manicures, massage, and a chocolate fountain. I couldn't believe that our receptionist, Sarah, had never had a professional massage. What a crime! Then, after working my shift at the Cherry Republic booth out of Traverse City, I couldn't leave without BBQ glaze, cherry salsa, and a few stocking stuffers for Brian. They have an excellent website with mail order - check it out if you are struggling for Christmas gift ideas. This stuff is excellent and all of the customers were raving about it.

We raked and raked - to the point that my delicate knitter's hands are aching.

We purchased (and Brian built) a kitchen island.



Now we get to argue whether it should be parallel to the oven or to the existing counter space. I vote counter - does anyone else have an opinion?



Brian expanded on his automotive knowledge by not only replacing the car battery, but also splicing on new connectors for the battery posts. Go Brian!!



I had a great time fixing up some split pea soup. I apparently wasn't the only one with pea soup on my mind, though. Meijer has been sold out of the peas all week. I also finished these strawberry baby hats. Meredith commissioned me to make one for her new healthy baby niece. Congratulations! I wanted to try pink and I think it is just as adorable as the red.



I have Monday off and Linda is coming up to Holland to join me for a day of knitting and shopping. Woo-hoo! I can't wait to show her my local yarn shops.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute hats. You are such a fast knitter. Glad you had such a productive weekend. I too love productivity, however, you put us all to shame. Hope the yarn store is fun today! I can't wait to hear what you see/get!!

Angie said...

Amber - I could never put you to shame. You have Nolan to keep you busy everyday. I have no excuses.

Angie said...

Did dad really have a pneumonia shot or a flu shot? Are you sure it wasn't the prostate exam that made him black out?! ha ha.

I voted for the island the other way - Brian will be happy you took his side.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am delighted that you took the side that makes the most sense.

Chris said...

I'm with Meagan, I would much rather sit in our jacuzzi for a massage though. It looks like you two accomplished a lot this weekend. We have one tree that keeps hanging onto its leaves, but other than that we have it all raked up and the garden is ready for winter. I will have to check out that Cherry website for Ben's family, they love the cherry salsa.