Nov 12, 2006

I'd Like Mine Medium Well

We had a wedding this weekend. A lot of people dread weddings and think it's a waste of a valuable weekend day. Brian and I enjoy them since they're a great opportunity to practice our ballroom dancing. I also like to see what unique ideas the caterer or bride and groom come up with. The treat this Saturday was flaming apple pie.

Granny Smith apples were flambeed, then placed over ice cream in a martini glass. Topped with a puff of pastry and caramel sauce. Delicious!!







I'm a huge wedding cake fan - but this was a fair trade.

The entertainment of the night was watching my father-in-law go from this...



to a crazy dancing fool when the song "Love Shack" came on. I'll agree, it is a great dancing song! The Chuckster has some smooth signature moves that kept me laughing.

1 comment:

patty said...

The Chuckster definitely has his own signature moves. He's a hard one to follow on the dance floor, so you just have to go along with the flow! The falling asleep - well let's just say that too is a Burch tradition.

Did anyone even try the wedding cake? It was just a layered cake and I think it was an angel food with a creammy layer in the center. Not the traditional cake for certain. She definitely saved money wearing her sister's wedding dress, and grandmother making the cake!