Feb 18, 2007

125 Combined Years



We traveled to Detroit this weekend to celebrate a joint party for my grandmother's 75th and my mother's 50th birthday. Polish food, cake and fun were had by all. Alcohol was enjoyed by a few - including my mother :) She received a shot glass with some wise comment about being 50 and decided she should use it immediately. You know, wouldn't want to offend the gift giver....she was doing well until my brother-in-law shouted to my father, "Frank, you're a lucky man." Instant peach schnapps out the nose. Pretty funny. Her real birthday is March 8th, but I guess when you're turning 50, you deserve to have a few weeks of festivities.



I also want to share a cute puppy pic with you all. My younger sister bought her ex-boyfriend a cocker spaniel/labrador mix. They picked him up in the Wal Mart parking lot, so he is so appropriately named Wally. He would hardly sit still for a picture, because like any puppy, he was all over the place sniffing everything and humping any leg that was standing still. He was very cute. I am still not ready for a pup of my own. I think it is completely unfair to leave him alone all day. So, until I'm ready to hire a dogwalker, I'll stick to my parakeet.



As for new knitting projects, I'm thinking of using some pink cotton from my stash to knit this, courtesy of "Knit and Tonic".



I probably will cut the neck line a little higher or use a camisole, seeing as how I am not exactly known for being chesty. I can picture this looking lovely with a pair of cream colored pants. I'm excited to get it started, but have a tinge of my sweater apprehension too.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Cayman is jealous of Wally being at Grandma and Grandpa's. He is very cute though. Good pic of Mom, I didn't think I would ever see that.

Patty Ann said...

It's probably best Cayman and Wally weren't together until Wally stops teething.
I'm lucky I didn't swallow that last shot, that could have put me over the top. It was so funny to see my sisters sitting there saying "oh she's gone"..
The sweater pictured there is really adorable. Did they say 3 days to knit that?