Oct 21, 2007

Found Treasure

Brian and I scoured the resale shops of Holland this weekend in search of our Halloween costumes. We will be traveling to Chicago for Halloween to help our friends complete the cast of Pee Wee's Playhouse for their Halloween party. I will be the only girl, so I have been asked to be Miss Yvonne.



I shopped and shopped, but I did not come across any appropriate 50s style dresses. The closest I found was a $68 dress at a vintage store, which was far too expensive and too big on the top (fancy that). I don't quite sport the body that Miss Yvonne does, so I think I may have to opt out on that one and go as Penny.



But how do I make my eyes into pennies? Any suggestions? Brian is going as the King of Cartoons. The resemblance is uncanny.

At an rate, I may not have found a kick ass costume, but I found some great items in the kitchen section. I love this 70s style juice pitcher.



I also found one of these metal bowls that everyone seems to have on display in their houses nowadays...except mine was only $5. I'll either fill it with fruit, those wicker balls (Maggie would love to chew on) or YARN!



I can't wait to go back for more cheap kitchen finds! I want to find some old fashioned ceramic pie plates and a sugar/creamer next time.

2 comments:

Patty Ann said...

Are there any costume rentals nearby? You might find something retro like that. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Carrie said...

Yeah, I definitely think you look more like Penny than Miss Yvonne. You'll be so cute!