Oct 2, 2007

Happenings...

First of all, I have to say Happy 50th Birthday to my dad! I know he doesn't read my blog, but he ought to!



We've had some more kick ass Every Day Food meals in our Holland home.
Vegetarian Black Bean Chili



Pork Tenderloin with Sauteed Apples and Leeks. This was my first time working with leeks. They're easy to cut. I was surprised that they tasted rather nutty, or maybe that was the fennel seeds throwing off the taste.



We started Petco Puppy Classes with Maggie last night. I tell you, it was freakin' hilarious. This was more of an informational session and not so much training. However, the instructor did a few demonstrations with Maggie. Once Maggie learned of the delicious treats that were dispensed from the instructors hands, she was so intent on her! Maggie sat with her head cocked and listened to her so well you'd think she understood English. When the instructor ignored her, she would scoot her butt two inches at a time (without leaving the sitting position) so as to get closer to her for attention. I think she did the scoot because she figured out the treats only come when you sit. I definitely have to get some of those Pupperoni treats - they were like crack to Maggie. Now to work on training...

2 comments:

Patty Ann said...

I wish someone would cook for me like that. Yummy. Actually Dad and Meagan cooked on Monday.
So is Maggie becoming more obedient, or just proven that snacks are good motivation.

Angie said...

I think she's more obedient....for the instructor. For us, not so much.