Nov 19, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

I love the holiday season. I love the feeling of giving, the thoughts of others, the happy get-togethers and comfort foods. It's the one time of year I put Dave Ramsey aside and get to shop. Well, Dave isn't completely ignored. We save a little each month for the entire year in preparation for Christmas.



Brian and I broke in the holiday shopping with an open house in downtown Holland Saturday night. The vendors stay open late and offer wine tastings, hors douvres and sales. My favorite stops were The Seasoned Home and Picket Fence. I continued my shopping delight with my cherished friends, Kim and Meredith, at a lunch meeting in Lansing on Sunday. (I somehow ended up with five bags and Kim with none.) I also took a vacation day today to spend with my wonderful friend Linda. Of course there was more shopping, but also knitting. And I can't wait for my favorite shopping day of the year- Black Friday!!

If you guys aren't already out there - what are you waiting for?!

No comments: