Jan 27, 2008

Hangin' Tough



Could it be true? I caught a teaser on the Today show this morning that said there is talk of a New Kids on the Block reunion. I remember going to one of their concerts as a tween. I think the parents enjoyed those studly men just as much as the little girls did. I might just have to break out the old cassette tapes and the pillowcase imprinted with their photo to get myself prepared for another tour. Let's hope they've aged nicely. Would anyone like to go with me? But you can't have Jordan, he's all mine.

7 comments:

Matt Stratton said...

OMG! If New Kids on the Block goes on tour, I will totally go with you. They were the first concert I ever went to....I screamed my lungs out. I loved Joey so much. I even had posters taped to my ceiling. I probably still have all their songs memorized....sad, so very sad. :)

Anonymous said...

Wait, that was me, Carrie, I just realized that Matt is logged in....haha!

Patty Ann said...

You had me wondering why Matt adored them so much. hahaha...
That rumor was confirmed on Regis and Kelly.

Unknown said...

That was the best MattStratton post I have ever read.

Even after carrie's correction I have visions of a young mattstratton taping joey to his ceiling, right next to a Space Camp movie poster.

Jacqueline said...

Did I ever tell you about the time that I met Jordan Knight in person at The Orbit Room when he was touring a few years ago? I told him my favorite song was "Girl You Know It's True,"...yep that's right a Milli Vanilli song...it didn't even phase him. I realized it the next morning that NKOTB does NOT sing that song!

Chris said...

Hey I thought Jordan was mine! Maybe that's why we always fought so much as kids :-) I also heard about the reunion on the radio, I would have to go to a concert for sure. Maybe we can still do the dance steps too (since Mrs. Brown seemed to like them for all our jazz dances).
I can't believe you still have the pillow case! I did have to get a CD of their hits, so I can make you a copy.

Angie said...

I don't REALLY still have the pillowcase, I just remember it :)