Apr 30, 2008

Finished Project

One of my put-me-in-the-mood-for-Spring projects was the Shetland Triangle. I've made a triangle shawl for both my mother and mother-in-law before. I had a hard time giving those away, so decided it was time to make my own. And no, in no way do I think shawls are for grandmothers. A handmade lace shawl is a thing of elegance and can be worn with something as simple as a tank top and jeans if you feel like it!

P1030318

P1030320

The yarn is Malabrigo laceweight. Up close, there is a mixture of different shades of pink, some bubble gum and some more peachy. Very beautiful. The pattern is from Interweave Knits. This is a fairly easy lace pattern. The repeats are easy to memorize since they are so short, so your face isn't glued to the chart the entire time.

My only complaint is that I feel it fits small around the shoulders. I added about three more 10 row repeats than it calls for, but it still feels a bit smallish. I do like the length down the back, however. The next time I make a shawl, I will have to try a rectangular one so there is ample length to wrap around my cold, spindly arms.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, just beautiful! And I do wear my shawl with jeans!

Amber said...

It is just gorgeous!!! Great work!

Patty Ann said...

That does NOT look like an easy pattern! But it came out beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love it, Angie. Just right for a cool summer evening. How did you like the Malabrigo lace weight? Linda