Jun 4, 2006
Happily Ever After...
Kim and Gary's wedding was a day to remember! The ceremony and reception were beautiful.
I loved that so many friends were there to play a role in the big day. The gang was all back together!! It was actually the first time that the entire group, with the new fiance Adam included, had been together. It was like de ja vous with David Bailey back on the piano. Amber was a sight for sore eyes. It was awesome to hear Brian sing solo. I've heard him play around singing Moondance with the Nick Ayoub trio, but this was the first time I heard him doing serious vocal work. It literally brought tears to my eyes.
We had a great time dancing at the reception, too.
Some of my favorite moments of the celebration:
1) Kim's father toasting that Gary is the kind of man you want your daughter to marry.
2) How beautful Kim's mom, Yvonne, was in her dress.
3) The photographer's keys getting locked in her truck...and the groomsmen hailing a tow truck to save the day.
4) Kim's not-so-"agreeable" interactions with the wedding coordinator, including the question as to whether she would be wearing a blusher veil.
5) Brian's plan to get a tattoo of an eagle on his back so that he could move his arms to make the wings flap.
6) Meredith's rendition of "I'm getting married in the morning," sung on a Red Vine.
Sorry to those of you who don't get those inside jokes above, but I know there are some out there who will really appreciate them. For those of you who feel left out....here's a knitting picture for you to enjoy.
Pretty cool, eh...knitting in an SUV limo!!
If you'd like to see more pics, check out my Flickr account.