Sep 21, 2006

A call for help

A call to the creative folks out there - I need your help with a contest. Brian's friends have always had fun with Haikus. I have always been severely lacking in that creativity department.

Cara at January One blog is offering me beautiful yarn if I can impress her with my yarny Haiku. Plus, I'd just like to see your crazy ideas.

"How to win: WRITE A HAIKU. But not just any haiku. YOU MUST USE AT LEAST THREE OF THE FOLLOWING WORDS IN YOUR HAIKU: january, one, rock(s), jet, fall, sheep, wool, feet (or foot), knit, yarn, pirate, fest, dude, fantastic, worm (that is WORM. With an O. My 5.5 yr old nephew gave me that one.) AND EVERY HAIKU MUST USE THE WORD SOCK. (So that means FOUR REQUIRED WORDS.)"

Here is my first attempt:

searching for clean socks
the pirate stands alone cold
dude you have one leg

9 comments:

Matt Stratton said...

Pirates cannot knit
Hooks snag yarn and drop stitches
Argh! No socks for me

Matt Stratton said...

Dude where's my sheep? My
sock has a hole. I need some
wool to fix it. Splash.

Matt Stratton said...

Wool comes from sheep. You
cannot knit socks from a worm
Or a pirate. Splash.

Angie said...

Making her laugh counts for points! Brian almost cried he laughed so hard.

Anonymous said...

I can fly so high
pirate jet fantastic plane
arrgh I forgot socks

karl said...

pirate socks the sheep
those worms make fantastic silk
where is PETA now?

Anonymous said...

My attempt....

Fall asleep and dream
of sheep with socks on their feet.
Wooly irony!

patty said...

Hey Ang! My first Haiku attempt since grade school!

Fantastic January
a sheeps wool falls into yarn
a pirate is warm

patty said...

I'm having fun.....

Two feet meeting yarn
Silkworms spinning lovely silk
one fantastic feat