Sep 19, 2006

Tuesday Outing

No craft project today...too bad. I still plan to cast on a sock tonight during Dancing with the Stars though.
Instead, I spent today with the wonderful Georgia boy, Nolan James, and his gorgeous Grand Haven grown mom, Amber.



Nolan is modeling a hat knit by mom and a sweater knit (and designed by Grandma Shari). Awesome. He's ready for his close-up.



For all who didn't know, it's "Talk Like a Pirate Day." For those who don't have the guts, you may also Knit Like a Pirate. That's right at the bottom of my to do list.

Also - want an early idea for a Christmas present for me? Check this out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, the other day I were loading me gun "Jumping Tom" with the rest of me crew and I says to me self "Outlaw, you need a hat for just this occasion", aye. And now me sees that there is one on ye ol' priate knitting site. Well lass, should ye ever need a head to put on such a fine hat, I'll be ye man.

Yarr

Angie said...

I'm glad to see you've embraced this "holi"day TOK.

Anonymous said...

I posted several pirate suggestions on A-S yesterday. I also repeatedly asked people "arrrr ya gonna eat that?"

it's true.

Kim Davis said...

Oh my goodness, Patty, I clicked the comment button to write about the Wife Swap pirate family. Gary and I watched it. They were WACKO!! When it reruns, I encourage you to watch it. There were fleas all over their house because "Pirattitude" doesn't embrace cleaning. Their kids were of course homeschooled like half of the families on that show, and they slept all day and "worked an hour a day" because that's what "Pirattitude" is. Um...I though it was about robbing and pillaging passing merchant ships...and apparently knitting.

patty said...

Nolan is adorable! What a great way to spend your day off. But sit sounds like the outlaw has an order placed! You've got some knitting to do!

I joined the Knitter's Support last night. It's amazing how much I can get done when I sit with dedicated knitters!

Anonymous said...

who was your favorite on dwts? I really liked Mario, I think the judges were way to hard on him.
And can I just say that Nolan might just be the cutest kid ever!