Sep 26, 2006

SocktoberFest

Who wants to be part of the coolest knit-a-long on the internet?! Join me in the Socktoberfest!

For those of you who say "Nah, I don't know how to knit socks" - this is your chance to learn. The other knitters will be happy to answer your questions on the blog. And if the sock knitting process just pisses you off - go ahead and have a beer. Because what would an October Fest be without a nice pale ale in hand?

No real big projects today. I had to go shopping for something to wear to Brian's 10 year class reunion. I had a hard time. #1, I don't really enjoy shopping because I hate to part with the money. #2, I despise shopping alone because I really need another person's opinion...and I need it to be someone who isn't earning a commission. #3, what look should I be going for? I'd love to go sultry - but I can't pull it off. I can't be a hot mom, seeing as how I'm not one. I want to look professional, but not like a bore. I tried on a number of dresses at Macy's, but the one I liked most was navy blue. I didn't have the shoes to go with it and was not going to splurge on those too. So, I settled with a brown skirt that is cut on a bias with a lacy sleeveless top. Now here's hoping it doesn't snow on October 14th.

Also, I forgot to show you all a couple of skeins I bought last week. The colors are what grabbed my attention for sure. This is a soy and wool blend by Patons. It's ultra soft and has a nice sheen to it. I'm picturing a short and wide scarf that would go beautifully with my khaki colored winter coat - or any neutral coat for that matter. Does anyone have a pattern they recommend?



Also - be sure to check Knitty this month. There are some beautiful free sweater patterns in this issue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Montelle and Jess went last week to look for dresses. Montelle found one, Jess didn't. Luckly, being a former navy seal, I can just wear a uniform. Either that, or one of my bespoke suits that I had made while in London doing some "contract work". Well, that will be the story for the reunion anyway.

Anonymous said...

aah yes, your hand-tailored suit from the prestigious Saville Row. such fine material. it's more a piece of artwork than clothing.

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't see why I should wear rags!