Sep 28, 2006

Under the Big Top

Do you remember your last trip to the circus? I do! Brian's company gave us tickets to the Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey circus at VanAndel Arena. I was impressed and I laughed a lot. Who needs kids?



They had 10 elephants, 6 tigers, 3 camels, 5 zebras and plenty o' horses. One of the more impressive things I saw was a toilet trained elephant. Seriously, he waited til he got a pat on the butt to dump 10 gallons of urine in a bucket. Now my question is, how did they know he needed to go?



The pic above is the elephant gingerly stepping over circus women. Don't underestimate this, he weighs 9,000 pounds!



Here are some performers from Mongolia doing their pole climb. They had amazing strength. They kind of reminded me of the pesky black squirrels in my yard.

I have to say the trapeze artists were fairly lame. They dropped the spinner about 50% of the time. Also, we think they jipped us on the cannon. The program bragged about a cannon, but it was all a farce. The clowns were mediocre. The funniest guy was Bello, a clown/daredevil. He did a bit on a trampoline that had me holding my gut with laughter. It really is the best medicine I think.

Otherwise - the Socktoberfest is already in full swing for me. I know it's not October yet, but I need to get a running start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but for maximum consumption, you want that glass filled to the rim, lest another person sit down and finish the bottle.