Sep 14, 2006

This is it!



To quote Brian "Kenny - your voice... it's so smooth!" It is late right now - but I have to tell you all how fantabulous the Kenny Loggins concert was at Meijer Gardens tonight. I had no idea I knew so many of his songs - to list a few:

  • Footloose
  • Danger Zone
  • This Is It
  • I'm Alright (Caddy Shack theme)
  • Your Mama Don't Dance

And we were groovin'! Brian and I with Patty and the Chuck. Loggins got us all off our feet and dancing. And when Brian stopped, I called him Harry Hamlin. That got him shaking his tush again, because who wants to be compared to that snoozer?!

Chuck's favorite, Danny's Song, a Loggins and Messina tune, the one that goes "even though we ain't got money, I'm so in looove with ya honey..." Pretty sure that's going to be playing on the old vinyl 45 tomorrow night.

Brian's fav, "This Is It," as he would say "obvs!" Brian said Loggins wrote it with Michael McDonald. I'm pretty sure he was also hoping for "What a Fool Believes" too. But we'll probably have to hit a Doobie Brothers show for that one.

Images to come, our friends Roger and LuAnn had seats practically on stage so we'll be borrowing their pics.

1 comment:

patty said...

I found my CD last night and sang along again all the way home. I wish I'd gotten it out while "sittin" still in the parking lot for 1/2 hour. Oh well it was a perfect night!

Ain'T Nobody But You! Sing it Kenny! Got the old vinyl going right now since there's not much TV yet.

I raved about the concert all day and played my CD while I worked in recovery.

My worst day yet! I guess I was overtired, and it seemed I just couldn't catch up on things all day. If there was a mistake to make,I did it! But I got another 30 minutes of overtime!

Really looking forward to tomorrow!!