Sep 17, 2006

The House Has Been Warmed.

We had a tremendous time at our housewarming party this weekend. Thanks to all of those who made the trip and thanks for the unexpected and terrific gifts too. We had visitors from Midland, Jackson, Detroit, Kalamazoo, Chicago, and even Georgia! I stressed beforehand - made entirely too much potato salad and baked beans and discovered we should not leave food unattended in our yard as our squirrels are demon rodents.
I, once again, had a little too much fun as my hangover and upset stomach lasted well until 3 pm the next day. Damn that flip cup game and damn Skippy's too. I hope I don't ever get morning sickness like that because I cannot function when I am nauseated. Poor Brian cleaned up the yard and prepared breakfast for our guests with no help from me.

Here's a few pics from the day.



The Burch clan - can you see the resemblance?



My fellow knitter Amber - missing her cutie son Nolan.



Chicago-ans enjoying a little country fun - croquet.



My fool proof way of guaranteeing drunkenness and a hangover - flip cup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hangover does not equal fun. That said, I had an awesome time. And, I must say I was wowed by Castle Greyskull. Good food and pary all around. Hope to see more of you guys soon. Huzzah!!

Kim Davis said...

We had a blast, even if we missed the croquet and just made it in time for the drinking game!!

Brian made a great solo breakfast and we're glad that Angie had so much fun at her own party!!

We LOVE the house!!!!! We'll be back soon!