Sep 10, 2006

Two Years and Just Getting Started



Monday, 9/11, is our 2nd anniversary. Yeah for us! We plan to celebrate with a nice dinner at one of the Holland restaurants we have yet to explore - Till Midnight.

This weekend I became close friends with three marvel inventions....Old English, the microfiber cloth, and the shop vac. All are tops in my book. Our carpet installer had told me to pick up a bottle of the Old English for our moldings. I didn't pull it out until this weekend in my attempts to do everything I can to beautify this house in 7 days. That stuff is freaking amazing! It has calmed down my thoughts about needing to sand and strip all the wood. It fills in the scratches so nicely. Now the doors look more weathered then bratty-kids-before-us-had-no-respect-for-anything-material. And it smells good. I used the shop vac to suck all the spider webs out of the basement ceiling, and other random items, like a kids race car I found under the work bench.

Our larger project was this room.



I don't want to spoil the end result - but I'll show you the color. It looks so good, I wanted to drink it out of the can like a Starbucks Frappuccino. It's Martha Stewart - "coffee."



The painting is going well except the underlying wallpaper, which we didn't realize was there, is bubbling a little. Also, the sconces which match our dining room light are no longer available. Bugger.

And for all of my wonderful knitters out there - I'm 50% done with Widdershins. I tried the picot edge bind off because no matter how loose I try to do the traditional bind off, it's always uncomfortably tight on an edge that I need to have a give. Although the crinkles look a little funny on the edge, it pays to have a cuff with some give. I love them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! You guys are so cute! Happy anniversary. I was thinking of you today. Love the socks...they look awesome with jeans. I can't wait to see the haus!

Amber

patty said...

I can't believe I never told you about Old English polish! It was a hot commodity at the Coe home with all the nicks we 5 kids put in almost identical woodwork (to yours)at the mans in GR. It is amazing stuff and I still use it here although the wood in this house is more fruitwood than the mahoganny look you have.

You look mahvelous in that pic! Where are you? in it? I already left you a voice message, but Happy Anniversary, Happy anniversary!!!

Happy first day on the new job Bri! Many more!

Anonymous said...

You better have that place done and awesome by saturday. I want to be wowed! WOWED says I!

Anonymous said...

Outlaw, you will be so wowed, you will need your brown pants.

It's true.