Dec 26, 2006

Christmas Hangover


I've had my cookies, cake, ham and pierogies and am now ready to sink into my after Christmas coma. I can't help but share our festive TCBY cake with you. My mom picked up our cake for the family gathering. The staff offered to write "Merry Christmas" on the side of the cake for her. My mom is a saint to not say anything to her about the oh-so-obvious miscorrect spelling. My brother-in-law liked it however, because he got a "piece of ass" in the end.



We had a fantastic Christmas. We had a lot of fun with family and were lucky to receive many nice presents. I can't wait to start knitting some items for myself now. I'm halfway through a pair of gloves made from a red/brown Koigu colorway. Yes Linda, I know I said I'd never make gloves again, but I enjoy my other pair so much! Anyway, now that I'm better at picking up stitches, I don't have gaping holes in between the fingers. I also exchanged a skein of the yarn Brian got me so that I have two matching skeins because I'm planning to take on the notorious Clapotis.

The Hoving's enjoyed their Christmas knitting. Unfortunately, I made one pair of slippers far too small. I suggested to mom that she get them wet and stretch them out. I'll cross my fingers that it works.



Off to eat some Christmas cookies. They're so lovingly displayed in my new Williams & Sonoma cake dome that my mom, aka Pollyanna, gave me. If I flip the base and lid over, it also becomes a punch/salad/trifle bowl. Awesome!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
this is mir.
i do not have your email so i am emailing you through your blog. i hope its ok.

a merry christmas and happy hoiday season to Bryan and you.

bye.

Patty Ann said...

Hahaha, I'm sure it was not intentional to spell merry christmas wrong. Delicious cake though. All of the food was very good.
Julia's kids seem to love their knit gifts.

patty said...

WE had a wonderful Christmas with all of you! Thank you so much for all the wonderful gifts! WE love you! Had a layed back Christmas, watched the Family Stone then went to Jim & Mary's. Everyone was pretty tired out!

Kim Davis said...

The kids got SO big and they are cuter than ever!!!