Dec 25, 2006

Christmas Yarnery

My husband knows me so well. He knows that I need yarn and yarn like items to keep me happy. Boy did he ever make me happy this Christmas morning. To start, I know have an iPod instead of a shuffle so I can control the knitting podcasts that I listen to. The engraving on the back reads "Lakeside Knitter." Excellent.

Here's my other loot:



The Knitting Nature book is beautiful. Best of all, he bought it at my LYS where I get 10% off any yarn for projects in this book x 1 year. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill, very similar to Koigu. The crazy coincidence is I am working on Koigu yarn right now that is practically the exact same colorway of one of these. Now I can have semi-matching gloves and socks...or perhaps a hat, scarf...



These stitch markers were limited edition Christmas markers from Amy at www.goodtobegirl.com. She has an excellent knitting blog if you're not already reading it. The stitch markers are adorable, right down to their 3-D flippers.

Lastly and not leastly - check out this T-shirt. Brian went to Strange Cargo in Chicago with the intention of making me a custom iron-on shirt that read "I'd Rather Be Knitting." The store employee was clever enough to ask "Oh, is this for a knitter? Let me show you a shirt we have." I'm so glad she was on top of her game that day because this shirt is incredible.



Merry Christmas to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you made out like a knitting bandit! I'm jealous, although I got the GTB girl stitch markers from my mom. She even commented "Angie is going to be jealous" when she gave them to me :) . She also gave me yarn, and an awesome yarn bag that you are going to put on your list for next year! It is so nice when people buy you stuff you like! Love the shirt....good job Brian!