Dec 5, 2006

O Tanenbaum



Our Christmas tree is up and I love it! I'll love it even more when there are gifts stacked beneath it! haha. It looks like it's leaning in the photo, but I think the sloped ceiling exaggerates that a bit.
I can't believe this is only the second time Brian and I have put up a tree together. He cracks up at my old ornaments, particularly my Rainbow Brite bulb. I just adore each of my ornaments. We tend to pick up souvenirs wherever we go. I have some from my PA rotation in Sault Ste. Marie, our trip to Cape Cod, Washington D.C., and a black bear from Tahquemenon Falls. I have an angel collection and Frosty Friends set from Hallmark that I like to add to every year. This year the Frosty Friends are roasting marshmallows. You can't believe the cuteness until you see it!

We don't have a great spot to display our Willow Tree nativity right now, but I wanted to squeeze it into our main living area to enjoy. We saw The Nativity Story this weekend. This is an excellent movie. Brian called it a bit "hokey" in parts. I think it gives a renewed appreciation for Mary and Joseph. I also have a new appreciation for the donkey. This year I gave him a special place in our nativity, close to his family. Cheesy, I know, but wait til you see the movie.



Now, I'm not sure if my Grandma reads this blog - if so I'm spoiling her Christmas gift. I have the hand towels finished and finished them for presentation this morning.



I have to finish a project for my Secret Santa plus I need some time make a hat for my friend's son...I'm confident I'll be just fine.

No comments: