Dec 31, 2006

Happy New Year!



The year is officially started! We had a great time New Years Eve with a group of Brian's highschool friends. I had a great excuse to buy a fantastic new dress for the occasion. We ate at Reds in Rockford. We enjoyed pork tenderloin, duck, and the creamiest creme brulee. Later we invested too many hours into the late night playing the "Here and Now" Monopoly. This game is much more painful than the original as everything is multiplied by $10,000. "I owe what for landing on Mall of America....$7 million?!"

We did not awake until 11 am on New Years Day, then spent the day watching Star Wars, ep. III - VI. I finished my gloves and got rolling on Clapotis. (Unfortunately I can't post pictures as our digital camera is lost somewhere in Rockford. Hopefully the restaurant has a Lost & Found.) This scarf/shawl has been a lot of fun so far. I have been forgetting to do my increases correctly at the ends, but just flub it by adding them later. I'm pretty sure it won't make a big difference.

Lastly, Brian and I drove down to Kalamazoo Saturday. Oh how we miss it! We had dinner with Linda - always a treat. She surprised me with a hand knitted item for Christmas. I love knitted things from Linda because they're always techniques that I don't know how to do or difficult projects that inspired me. Previously I've received felted slippers from her and a mini stocking ornament. This time I have a custom felted java jacket! Again, I'd love to post a picture if I could. Here's the pattern she used from knitpicks.

I hope you all have a successful and Happy 2007 (year of the magician - designated by action-squad.com).
Oh and also - I know a lot of you are having trouble with comments. Just keep trying. I'm not quite sure what's wrong, but blogger has been fussy ever since I updated to the new version.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NYE was legen... wait for it... dary.

Had I not forgot the damn camera at Reds it would've been a perfect evening to usher in the year of the Magician.

Patty Ann said...

Happy New Year to everyone!
I sure hope you find your digital camera. Boy you must have had alot of cocktails with that pork and duck.

patty said...

Would you like me to try to pick up your camera? It's only a few minutes away. I'd be happy to do it for you!

Anonymous said...

Reds doesn't have the camera. Now I don't know where it is. Probably Holland's.