May 22, 2007
In my opinion...
(photo courtesy of Patty Ann)
Many of my t.v. shows are coming to the season's end, which is definitely a good thing. I have to say, I'm disappointed with most of the season finales. Anyone feel free to add your likes or dislikes:
1) Grey's Anatomy - Yes it was a nice twist for Christina to be sobbing, only to find out she's thrilled she's not getting married. But, why does it always have to be minutes before the ceremony? I'm quite sure in real life there are not as many weddings called off last minute as on t.v. I can think of three instantly, The Wedding Singer, Sweet Home Alabama, and Grey's. Who else?
2) Desperate Housewives - Okay, so at least Gabrielle went through with her wedding. If Bree were my friend, I'd definitely call her out on this fake pregnancy. I mean, how long was she gone on this honeymoon? She's so big, that baby would have to be way back from her AA sponsor days. I'm sure it was all meant for dramatic effect. Besides that, what would she do when I reach to feel the baby kick? I hope things go well for Mike and Susan. There needs to be another functional relationship now that Tom and Lynnette are in the dumps.
3) How I Met Your Mother - Too funny. "Tell me what? Tell me what?" If you guys aren't watching this show, you really ought to be. Linda introduced us to it, saying Neil Patrick Harris' character reminded her of Brian. I can't tell you how many one-liners Brian has now stolen from this show.
4) The Office - I really loved it. They could probably make the cliff hanger about Pam and Jim every season and I'd always be on the end of my seat. The highlights included Creed's blog, Andy's interview with Dwight, and Jim's new nickname - "Big Haircut," and Pam being named "Secret Assistant to the Regional Manager." "Jim taught me that when Dwight asks you to do anything in secret, you always respond - Absolutely, I will."
Dwight's blog currently has a funny post about ninjas. BTW, I was doing some research and found out that Oscar, Angela, Phyllis and Creed all go by their real names.
5) I know Dancing with the Stars is not over yet, but just about. I thought the dances were very good for the finale, with the exception of Laila's freestyle. Joey is spot on with all of his gymnastics. I'd like to be flipped and thrown about like that, but I'm sure both partners have to be extremely strong to pull off those stunts. Who votes that Apollo and Juliann are a couple? Patty Ann, I know your vote. At the beginning line-up, he gave her a very loving look. I think they'd be an adorable couple, really.