May 8, 2007

It's a beautiful day!

My blogging has been slim this weekend, but I have to blame it on the beautiful weather! It's been so great to spend time outside cleaning up the garden. I was introduced to a great nursery in town and picked up plenty of dahlias and African daisies. I'll post pics once I get them planted. I also have an upcoming edition of "Weed or Not a Weed" because I can't find this one purple plant anywhere in my gardening book...

This weekend we missed my sister's college graduation....Congrats Meagan! Now go out there and chase some storms!



Instead, Brian and I were at his cousin's wedding. We had a good time with the family. His brother, David, brought his girlfriend. The reason I find the need to post about this, is we feared David would always be a bachelor. You see, he had a list of criteria which his girlfriend had to fit in to - and it was a tall list. I won't provide you with the gorey details. He lucked out, though. He found her and we all agree, she's great.



I can't resist sharing this picture with you. Like father like son.



I can finally post about the finished Claudia Hand Painted socks. They turned out great and I can't wait to knit with this yarn again. They're the standard K3P1 rib with a 3" cuff. These were gifted to my nurse, Mary, for her birthday. One of her sons went to U of M, so I think the colors were appropriate. Her other son went to State. No way will I knit those colors. I think they'd look better with some blue jeans then scrubs, but she wasn't exactly prepared to model.





Today I have to focus on finishing my triangle shawl....after I get a chance to play in the garden and (for the last time) train for the race. The race is this weekend. If I don't catch Brian's cold, I should be able to finish.

P.S. Did all of the podcasters out there hear about the new Knit Picks podcast. I just finished episode 1 and really enjoyed it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie,I found the Knit Picks podcast last weekend and loved it. Very nice socks. Linda

Unknown said...

Good Luck on your race. Where are the pictures of the jewelry and the dress at the wedding?

Patty Ann said...

Ah a wedding, Brian and Chuck getting a groove on. Good times.
David's date looks beautiful.

BTW, Meagan isn't chasing storms for a living. But she is working with satellite imagery. She'll fill you in.

Angie said...

BTW Patty Ann- I was just kidding about storm chasing. She'd have to move to KS to do that.
Jessie - I can post a picture if you'd like. I didn't love my hair that day, but I can always crop my head out!

patty said...

What are you saying Ang! You looked gorgeous! I have the picture of the "daughters" to prove it, Hopefully that little word didn't scare Julie off - but I don't think so. She's posted a darling pic of the two of them on her myspace.

Unknown said...

haha so funny lets make jokes about meagan not being a meteorologist :(

Unknown said...

You do not have to post a picture just for me. The print of the dress from the "icing" post made me wonder what it looked like. I completly understand not posting a pic when you just are not that into your hair. Perhaps the next time :)

Patty Ann said...

I thought I saw it in the JcPenney's ad last weekend. Mystery solved? I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and post the picture Ang.

Chris said...

WEED - I had the same purple nice looking thing growing in my garden, but I knew it was a weed since I didn't plant anything there. At least I think we are talking about the same thing.