May 16, 2007

Sizzle

My new top is done! I have to admit I let this sit on my desk for quite a while. There is always procrastination when it comes to finishing, not starting. I think deep down I was also frightened to finish it because I was afraid of a poor fit. Sunday evening, I decided it was time to go for it. We popped in "Pursuit of Happyness" and I got down to business. (BTW, a very good movie.) In a short three evenings I sewed the pieces together and put on the neck and sleeve edging. Here's the finished product.



This was made from four balls of Reynold's Saucey in color #308. This is the same yarn I used for my mother's short sleeved sweater. It's a pleasure to work with. I have referenced the pattern before, one of the sassy designs of Knit and Tonic. The pattern was flawless and simple.

A few close-ups:

The only pattern stitching was seed stitching on the edges. For those who haven't seed stitched, it's a pattern of knit one, purl one. Then on the next row, you purl one, knit one.



Spaced increases and decreases were used on the waistline to give the appearance of darts.



Now I just need to come up with some jewelry...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

you know me and knitting, not real big on it, but that looks very nice :)

patty said...

Terrific job Ang! The color looks mahvelous!

Patty Ann said...

Wow Smange that one is a keeper. You will get a lot of use out of that. I have some more light rose ab crystals, I think they're 6mm rounds.

Shari said...

Love the top Angie. It looks so cute on you. Keep up the good work.

Jen said...

Wow! what a cute top.
I don't have a crafty bone in my body.
I'm impressed with all your skill!

PS I love the jewelry making too

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Knitter! Excellent fit.Linda

Carrie said...

Wow Ang, that top is SO cute and it looks great on you! Your so talented!

Jessica Hessler said...

Wow, if I could ever make something like that I would be too afraid wear it.
Beware the peanut butter head-butt.
Kids are great.