Jul 11, 2006

20 to Life...

After today I can now associate our new house to a prison. Today was the big day - appliance delivery day. I wasn't going to chance missing the delivery again - so I arrived right at 8 am.

My itenerary was as follows:
1) Trim rose bush.
2) Patch paint in office
3) Take off paint tape
4) Scrape paint off all moldings - watch out window every 5 minutes for delivery man
5) Search for snack - find only an old rice krispie treat bar. Call Brian and complain I'm hungry.
6) Read a medical journal - fall asleep on floor. Realize carpet smells like urine.
7) Wake up - get nervous I may have missed delivery man.
8) Patch paint in closet.
9) Start growing desperate - so hungry for lunch, but don't want to leave and miss them. Decide to knit - but it's not relieving stress because I have no furniture, food, and not enjoying the stinky carpet.
10) Take photos for my new Etsy shop.
11) Read another medical magazine.
12) Call Brian again - he says he'll call ABC to check on the delivery. He doesn't call me back.
13) Take picture of the rain, stand in window long enough to make my neighbors think I'm a weirdo.



14) Delivery men show up in the pouring rain at 5 pm. They are there less than 30 minutes.
15) Go home - defeated. Eat dinner.
16) Think to myself - I don't remember them using a level to make sure my cakes cook evenly in that oven. Once again, curse that lying ABC salesman.

7 comments:

Angie said...

I love that movie! But if I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of Brian eating an apple, oh boy - the neighborhood would hear about it. You know me and mouth noises.

Kim Davis said...

I am glad that you finally have appliances. I almost called you yesterday but I got busy baking cookies. Yes, the gutted kitchen is somewhat back together, enough so that I actually cooked dinner and baked cookies!! Good thing I didn't call you and talk about food. Your online selling site is super cool.

patty said...

Appliances at last! Better late than never, but to spend the day waiting AND NO FOOD!!!?????

Speaking of mouth noises, Chuck ate carrots in my ear during Brian's labor! I kicked him out to go watch Hogan's Heroes!

patty said...

By the way, what brands did you end up buying?

Angie said...

We got Whirlpool W/D and a Maytag oven, all rated nicely in Consumers Report. Funny that you say Chuck watched Hogan's Heroes during Brian's birth because my dad watched Charlie's Angels.
BTW - Brian checked the oven today. So off level that the bubble couldn't move any further. Guess we'll have to work on that.

Chris said...

Sorry about your day, it looks like you couldn't had even sat on the grass with all of that rain. Luckily we got Sears to deliver our appliances the day the movers were here. Ben was able to get solve our problem with the outlet for the stove being off-centered, so I am sure you two won't have any problems getting it level :) Did you get some of special cleaning solution for the stovetop?

Anonymous said...

It will be easy to level the oven. Here are the steps:

1. Bake a cake
2. Put the cake on a level surface and measure the angle of the top surface of cake with a laser protractor.
3. Adjust the oven in the OPPOSITE direction.
4. Bake another cake and measure angle, adjust oven, and repeat until flat.